ELEVATE is a unique way for our students to study a National qualification through us, at Centenary Dance Academy, and Empowerdance Pty Ltd RTO 40397. We are thrilled to be an approved provider with Empowerdance where our students can use the classes they participate in with us and put them toward their Certificate. Each week Empowerdance master trainers conduct our theory classes for our students via an online classroom platform.
All of their theory assessments are uploaded and completed through the quality online portal, which students will have access to, using their own log in.
Certificate Ill and IV students will have the opportunity to work alongside one of our dance teachers to gain valuable experience for some of their student teaching and teaching units. Students will also work alongside their peers for group assessments, and the nature of these qualifications allows the student to have flexibility with their learning and be marked as Competent or not yet competent.
STUDENT COMMITMENT – THEORY I ACADEMIC
The CUA30120 Certificate Ill In Dance requires students to attend live online theory classes that will run for 2 hours per week over 45 weeks. The CUA30320 Certificate Ill In Assistant Dance Teaching requires students to attend live online theory classes that will run for 1.5 hours per week over 45 weeks
STUDENT COMMITMENT – PRACTICAL
Students choose their practical units that are then completed with us during our regular schedule. The electives/styles students choose will determine how many hours are required to complete as a part of their Certification. Students are assessed in a performance setting within their annual dance performance, or competition routines.
Our students will:
- Study a National Qualification
- Submit all work directly to Empowerdance for assessment
- Complete their work and assessments through a reliable on line portal
- Attend all theory sessions in a live online format, with our Chief trainers and assessors (weekly/Intensives)
- Receive trainer support
- Learn content that is industry relevant
- Receive an Empowerdance compliant Nationally Recognised Certificate & Record of Results upon completion of successful assessment
- Have their results reported to AVETMISS
- Learn in a limited cohort with their assigned chief trainer and assessor
- Attend all of their required technique and practical classes in your studio. Minimum of 3 per week
- Study the Empowerdance favourite electives